Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Villa Louis Carraige Classic, 2008





























My friend Lauraine Smith and I competed in the Villa Louis Carriage Classic in Prairie Du Chein, Wisconsin this past weekend. We trailered our mares together and had a great time. Lauraine's horse, Reba, was very good and got some nice ribbons in each event and class. She drove in the Novice Horse division which was a very competitive group.
These are photos of Rainy and I in the reinsmanship class. We won second place in our division for this class (Novice Large Pony) and I was very pleased with her steady, sensible nature in all the classes.

This 3-day show is very well hosted and the grounds are beautiful. Apparently it is one of the largest driving shows in the U.S., second only to Walnut Hill. If you'd like to see more photos of our friends and their turnouts, you can view my mom's album by clicking here. She did a wonderful job of photographing many of the entries in the cones, cross country, gambler's choice, and performance classes, all while grooming for my dad!