Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Villa Drive and Ride - surprise!


Lauraine Smith driving her 6 year old Morgan mare, "Reba" in her Villa Louis debut. Gretchen Grzelak riding as groom.
These ladies were my fantastic help during the drive and ride.

In the Drive and Ride, I wore the same sensible clothes for the driving part as I had in all the other classes. Lauraine and Gretchen came in to help me unhitch and change tack.

Then to an unsuspecting audience, I stripped off my plain clothes to reveal a wild flamenco dress underneath! I could have driven and ridden in my Huntseat clothes, but decided to have a little fun with this class.






To those who have made a regular attendance to the show, they might suspect that I was influenced by Lauraine and her accomplice, who in years previous made an appearance at the Villa Louis as "Ladies of the Night!"


Everyone in the class made a beautiful transition from driving to riding. We didn't place, but Rainy had a very nice performance, and I had fun wearing the costume for the enjoyment of the crowd.