Thursday, January 7, 2010

Winter is for Wacky and Wild Art Making










There are still a few more winter months left, and this is the time for making art. Do you have a parade coming up in the spring? Maybe you will need a giant puppet! For a child's party, sock puppets can be pre-made or used as an activity for kids to create their own. Maybe you have an idea for 2010 Halloween....I can make a wonderful costume for you. Yes, Halloween is a long way off, however if you wait until August or September I may be too busy with horses. Now is the time for making art!



Here is a photo sample of some of my creations including sock puppets, Giant puppets, costumes and such. There are more photos of various costumes I've made coming....I need to find help to do this project! I can make these sorts of things for you, or make a construction of your own brilliant idea. I love to make things, so let me help with my years of experience.











































































































































































































































********* My newest passionate idea: to learn to make beautiful and functional SWIMMABLE Mermaid Tails!! I've been doing the research and have plans on how to create a couple different prototypes.

Last fall while I was interviewing in Florida for my horse training position and auditioning at Arabian Nights Dinner Theater in Orlando, I had the warm, outdoor pool all to myself one night. After getting bored of swimming laps, I began to play and thought: "If I were wearing a mermaid costume, would I drown?" So I practiced swimming with my legs stuck together, and no, I didn't drown. It was lots of fun. Hence the desire to make a really beautiful mermaid costume that you can swim in.

I am looking for a few people interested in participating in the creation of the first tails with an incentive of a price discount and of course you keep the mermaid costume.

Feeling like making your own costume/puppet/art? I can share tips on how to make any of the things you see here. Or call on me to custom make just what you desire.
Sara